About Veterans Services
The Office of Veterans Services provides specialized programs and services to military veterans, eligible dependents, active duty service members and members of the Selected Reserve. We are a one-stop shop for anything that you, a student veteran or family member, may need.
Our goal is to help veterans in whatever capacity necessary so that you can succeed with your educational and career goals. This may include helping with admission to the school, navigating VA benefits, graduating, or finding employment opportunities.
Veterans Services is located in the Student Center on the campus of Northwest Nazarene University. We are open 8-5 Monday through Friday
Who to Contact
Dr. Robert Sanchez, Director of Veterans Services and School Certifying Official (SCO)
- (208) 467-8503
If you plan to use Tuition Assistance, contact Sheila Bryant in the Business Office.
- (208) 467-8519
To help ensure your success, here are some of the services offered by our department:
- Assistance with submission of VA Education Benefits.
- On-campus liaison with the VA and NNU departments who assist veterans as they navigate the university system.
- Guidance regarding educational benefits eligibility and assistance with VA/NNU forms submission.
- Programs and services that support student veterans with PTSD, TBI, and other war related injuries; also help veterans obtain on-campus services through Students with Disabilities Services.
- Conduct events and programs that connect veterans and build relationships with campus and the community, including employment information sessions to connect veterans with employers.