Yellow Ribbon Program at NNU
NNU has an unlimited number of Yellow Ribbon Scholarships available. You will receive the scholarship if you are eligible and if your tuition and fees for the school year exceed the maximum available from the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
This program makes additional funds available if your tuition and fees exceed the maximum available from the Post 9/11 GI Bill. The Yellow Ribbon Program is only available to Veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (100 percent). Active duty Service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program. Child transferees of active duty Service members may be eligible if the Service member is qualified at the 100 percent rate.
If you have questions regarding eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program, contact us at email@example.com or Teresa Troxel, School Certifying Official, at 208-467-8010.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill maximum tuition benefit for the 2019-2020 school year is $24,476.79.
The maximum NNU Yellow Ribbon Scholarship for the 2019-2020 school year is:
- $5500 for undergraduate students
- $2200 for graduate students.
If your tuition and fees for the 2019-2020 school year exceed $24,476.79, NNU will award the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship in the amount of one-half of the charges in excess of $24,476.79 (not to exceed the maximum scholarship amounts listed above). The VA will match the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship for the remaining one-half above $24,476.79 (not to exceed the maximum amount listed above).
Example for a traditional undergraduate student (this is an example only, your charges and scholarship amount may vary):
Fall tuition and fees: $15,525
- This amount will be paid by your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit.
Spring tuition and fees: $15,525
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit will pay $8,951.79. (Amount remaining from the $24,476.79 GI Bill maximum)
- You will receive a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship for $4,475.89 (One-half of the remaining balance)
- The VA will match the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship amount of $4,475.89
- Yellow Ribbon match can not exceed $5,500 for 2019-2020